- RSS Channel Showcase 2513372
- RSS Channel Showcase 6248192
- RSS Channel Showcase 8087791
- RSS Channel Showcase 5360790
Articles on this Page
- 04/20/17--13:21: _OT Spotlight: Angie
- 04/25/17--06:42: _Celebrating 15 Year...
- 04/28/17--06:20: _Occupational Therap...
- 04/30/17--07:00: _National Therapy An...
- 05/17/17--06:00: _Change the statisti...
- 07/06/17--06:00: _Celebrating 15 Year...
- 07/28/17--07:30: _STOP THE THERAPY CA...
- 10/04/17--06:00: _Celebrating 15 Year...
- 11/01/17--06:00: _Frank Harris: My Jo...
- 11/13/17--06:00: _Celebrating 15 Year...
- 12/06/17--06:00: _Occupational Therap...
- 07/30/18--06:00: _How to handle stres...
- 09/27/18--06:00: _Success Story: Ms....
- 10/15/18--06:00: _Success in a Small ...
- 04/20/17--13:21: OT Spotlight: Angie
- 04/28/17--06:20: Occupational Therapy – What A Career; What A Profession!!
- 04/30/17--07:00: National Therapy Animal Day – Ginger the Pet Therapy Dog
- 05/17/17--06:00: Change the statistics: Stroke Awareness
- 07/28/17--07:30: STOP THE THERAPY CAP: 20 YEARS IS ENOUGH
- 11/01/17--06:00: Frank Harris: My Journey Home
- 12/06/17--06:00: Occupational Therapy Helps Patient Living With Multiple Sclerosis
- 07/30/18--06:00: How to handle stress in the ever-changing healthcare industry
- 09/27/18--06:00: Success Story: Ms. Joan B.
- 10/15/18--06:00: Success in a Small Town: Therapy Center Success Story
April is National Occupational Therapy Month and it’s also the time when Therapy Center celebrates our very own team of occupational therapists. Occupational therapists are vital in every therapeutic setting because they “have a holistic perspective, in which the focus is on adapting the environment and/or task to fit the person, and the person is an integral part […]
In celebration of 15 years as partner in rehabilitation, Therapy Center is recognizing our team members, patients, and business partners who have grown with us. Please take some time to watch what one of our team members has to say about her experience as a Therapy Center employee. Because we take the time to get […]
Throughout the month of April, we recognize our occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants as a part of Occupational Therapy Month. What is occupational therapy? Occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistants help people across the lifespan participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. They use […]
April 30th has become a national day to celebrate pets and the impact they have on the people around them. Pet therapy uses dogs or other animals to help patients better cope with health problems and provides comfort and enjoyment for many nursing home residents. “I started working for Therapy Center at Whispering Pines Community Care […]
In recognition of National Stroke Awareness Month, Therapy Center would like to share important details and information regarding prevention and surviving strokes. Did You Know? According to the American Stroke Association, it is predicted that 55,000 more women than men will suffer a stroke this year! Statistics provided by the association regarding stroke include: Stroke […]
In celebration of 15 years as partner in rehabilitation, Therapy Center is recognizing our team members, patients, and business partners who have grown with us. Please take some time to watch what one of our team members has to say about her experience as a Therapy Center employee. In 2002, four therapists came together with […]
What is the “Therapy Cap”? Under the Balanced Budget Act (BBA) of 1997 Congress placed an annual cap on rehabilitation services under Medicare. The therapy cap amount for 2017 is $1,980 for outpatient physical therapist and speech-language pathology services combined. There is a separate $1,980 cap for outpatient occupational therapy services. See FAQs about the […]
“The many patients, families, and communities we serve around the state have a strong connection to our Therapy Center team because we focus on compassion, patience, and communication, which have been invaluable to the success of our company.” Stephen Van Hook, Owner/PT We are honored to be celebrating 15 years as a rehabilitation partner for […]
Mr. Frank Harris came to Maison Teche following a two week ICU stay after doctors removed two cancer spots from the upper section of his lungs. Weak and confused, Mr. Harris never lost sight of his goal to return home to his wife and family. Following a 55 day rehab stay, Mr. Harris met all […]
In celebration of 15 years as partner in rehabilitation, Therapy Center is recognizing our team members, patients, and business partners who have grown with us. Please take time to watch what one of the founders of Therapy Center has to say about the core values and priorities of our business. “Our primary focus is to provide […]
How occupational therapy helps MS patients? When symptoms of multiple sclerosis inhibit the performance of the following activities, occupational therapy can be very beneficial. Activities of daily living — Self-feeding, dressing, bathing, grooming, and toileting Home management tasks — Meal prep/cooking, cleaning, laundry Work-related tasks — Due to cognitive issues, fatigue, or physical impairment, such […]
With words like eviction notice and budget cuts plaguing the news this year, healthcare professionals are experiencing added stress to an already stressful work environment. Administrators in nursing homes are often in a high-stakes decision-making role, making decisions at every level, from food vendors to patient care, in order to keep operations running smoothly. According to a recent study, health care providers […]
Ms. Joan arrived at Bayou Chateau Nursing Center following multiple hospitalizations. These hospitalizations resulted in cognitive decline, generalized muscle weakness, and increased dependency on caregivers. “When I got here I couldn’t walk or hardly do anything. It was like I was in limbo,” says Ms. Joan. Although Ms. Joan had a long way to go, she […]
Mr. Kenneth, a native of Church Point and a customer of Guilbeau’s Pharmacy, spotted our therapy clinic in downtown Carencro one afternoon. Little did he know, that in just a few months, he would become a frequent visitor of our clinic and an unforgettable therapy patient. After waking up one November morning with a terrible […]